The Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies (AHAA) announced its new board of directors at AHAA's recent conference in Miami. Manuel E. Machado, CEO of Machado/Garcia-Serra Publicidad will lead the dynamic organization as president and Alex López Negrete, president and CEO of López Negrete Communications will serve as the president-elect.
Other members elected to the executive committee of the board are:
* Immediate Past-President and Parliamentarian - Aida Levitan, co-chair and chief communications officer, Bromley Communications (Miami)
* Treasurer - Jose López-Varela, vice president and managing director, Hill Holiday Hispanic (Miami)
* Secretary - Rochelle Newman-Carrasco, president and co-chair, Enlace Communications (Brentwood, Calif.)
In his inaugural speech as president of AHAA, Machado said, "We will continue to help corporate America understand the vast rewards that come when reaching the Hispanic market. Our members are poised to deliver Hispanic consumers that bring bottom-line value to their corporations."
Newly elected members of the board include:
* Carl Kravetz, chairman & CEO, Cruz/Kravetz: IDEAS (Los Angeles)
* Victor Ornelas, president & CEO, Ornelas & Associates (Dallas)
* Daisy Expósito-Ulla, chairman & CEO, The Bravo Group (New York)
Continuing to serve on the board are:
* Gisela Girard, president & COO, Creative Civilization (San Antonio)
* Laura Marella, senior vice president & managing partner, Casanova Pendrill (Irvine, Calif.)
* Patricia Gaitan, COO & managing director, ZGS Communications (Arlington, Va.)
* Hector Orcí, co-chairman, La Agencia de Orcí & Associados (Los Angeles) (member emeritus)
The Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies (www.ahaa.org) is the national organization of firms that specialize in marketing to the nation's 40 million Hispanic consumers, the most rapidly growing segment of the American population. AHAA promotes the strength of the Hispanic marketing and advertising industry to the private and public sectors.
AHAA agencies offer a unique blend of cultural understanding, market intelligence, proven experience and professionalism that deliver Hispanic market success for clients. AHAA helps organizations gain market share, increase revenue and grow profits by building the bridges and delivering the messages to reach America's Hispanic consumers, who together have an estimated buying power of $630 billion.